Monday, April 28, 2008

Shadows of beauty


I find these shadows interesting, as the patterns and curves shows a kind of motif, like art nouveau which I love. Originally these fences are on a corridor inside a building. Whereby there are halls and rooms along it. I can't really show you more as the owner does not really allow photographs taken..... hmmm. Well I found them inside the "Peranakan Museum". If you were to visit there, you will find almost all things are from the heritage of "Nyona & Baba". They are actually the local mix brat of Chinese & Malay, they speak a specific language that have a mix culture of (Malay & Hokkien). Well, my Great-grandma and grandma is a "Nyonya" and I used to have a Nyonya nanny as well.

5 comments:

Ken said...

Nice photo. I Like your shadows.

Knoxville Girl said...

I like the warm colors, they remind me of a sepia print. The shadows are quite elegant, like something I might see in Paris.

alaya said...

love the timber carving. i think this is beautiful

Jilly said...

What beautiful images. I love the shadows.

Your photography is beautiful. Welcome ot the city Daily Photo family.

Matelda said...

Thanks a lot people, I'll do my best! :)